Tuesday, April 11, 2006

All Hail Hleb!

On Arsenal.com today is a very good article about Al Hleb, our Bielorussian dynamo. Wenger has obviously got great faith in the lad, and I do too.

Arsene made the point that he's quite unique in the modern game, as he's a winger who doesn't rely solely on searing pace: he also has considerable close control and dribbling skills. I felt some fans were far too quick to write him off when he struggled a bit in December and January. He was 1) acclimatising to the premiership, 2) getting back from injury and 3) entering a team which had lost its way. He's gone on to show his quality since, and I hope we all get behind him, because he will only get better.

C'est tout pour aujourd'hui. Over the next few days, posts may be short as I am/will be in a library where I shouldn't be on blogger. Eek. Newsnow will have to keep you sated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog. Pity about the moronic comments. I don't much like ArsenalAmerica but, having looked at it off and on for the last couple of years, I notice it never seems to attract the mindless illiterate abuse (from Spurs fans or otherwise?) that's appearing here. What's their secret?

Anonymous said...

I agree, why bother to post if you have nothing constructive to say, even if it's critical at least be coherent!

Goonerboy said...

Well, I wouldn't mind other fans coming on here if they have something constructive and reasonable to say, but if they are just going to make some childish insult, why bother?

If someone has nothing better to do than post semi-coherent insults on oposing fans websites, I suppose we should pity the emptiness of their lives rather than condemn them though...